HOLY GUACAMOLE! Am I right, gang?!
Ok, so when it comes to cooking and healthy eating, I'm def the last person you'd want to contact. But I have to say I have been eating better lately and trying out random, "healthy" choices when it comes to food that I consume. For lunch today, on this rainy day in Boston, Gu and I decided to concoct whatever we have in our fridge. Also, because we haven't gone grocery shopping for this week!
Low and behold, we bring you our overloaded chicken guacamole flat bread! It's the easiest thing to make!
What you need for 2 flats:
- 1 chicken booby (breast)
- 2 pita flat breads (we used joseph's whole wheat pita bread)
- 2 avocados
- 1 plum tomato
- 1/4 white onion
- garlic powder
- lime juice
- Mash up avocados (I like to leave some chunks)
- Mince tomato and onions, add to mashed avo
- Sprinkle cilantro and garlic powder
- Squeeze lime juice to taste and mix
- Chop chicken to small pieces
- Pan fry until brownish color
- Pan fry pitas until toasted
Layer pitas with guac, then sprinkle chopped chicken on top of guac and chopped tomatoes on top of chicken. And VOILA! Overloaded chicken guacamole flat bread! If you're looking for a little kick, try putting Frank's Red Hot Sauce on that ish!